At Applied Levitation we believe there is a better way to build a maglev transportation system.
In fact, we have abandoned the old "maglev train" approach and designed a completely new maglev system from the ground up.
Together with our partners, LaunchPoint Technologies and Fastransit Inc., we have recently finished Phase 2 of our technology development and are now ready to build a full-scale prototype and short demonstration track.
Applied Levitation's Stabilized Permanent Magnet (SPM) Suspension Technology provides capabilities that were not previously possible and at a lower cost than any other high-capacity approach.
- Green technology — Powered by electricity rather than petroleum, SPM maglev technology will reduce dependence on foreign oil, conserve energy, reduce pollution, and create local jobs.
- Low capital cost — SPM guideways can be built, mile for mile, for about the same cost as one lane of freeway with twenty times the carrying capacity.
- Easily integrated — Existing rail and subway systems can be easily retrofitted with SPM maglev capabilities, enabling incremental upgrades of an aging infrastructure.
- Fast switching — SPM technology uses instant magnetic switching with no moving parts which enables more efficient routing of computer-controlled maglev vehicles.
- Network capability (Mag-NetTM) — With SPM technology and instant magnetic switching, transportation networks can be developed to route traffic in much the same way as information is routed over the internet.
- Highly scalable — SPM technology can be used with smaller, lighter vehicles for more efficient passenger transportation, or with bigger, heavier vehicles for the transport of freight.